Friday, May 21, 2010

on the go!

after going out on the town a time or two with the bob, i've come to the realization that its not the best fit for our family for smaller outings... it doesn't fold up the smallest and its a tad on the heavy side for getting it in and out of my trunk...

now, don't get me wrong... i LOVE my bob when i'm walking the neighborhood... like, for exercise. that thing is the cadillac!!

i had seen a few of these strollers that were sort of "bare minimum" frames... lightweight, folds easily and keeps me from carrying around the carseat for a quicker trip... or errands. my sweet husband answered the call and got me one from amazon... :) he's so great.

at around $50, this thing is WELL worth the money... not too expensive... and it fits in my trunk and leaves a little room to spare :)

here it is with the car seat in it...
its also got a little more storage below the seat--the bob has a fair amount, but i can't stuff the diaper bag in there...

minus the car seat...
and folded down... with my other trusty sidekick thinking that i'm taking a picture of him. what's new?
even though we'll only be able to use this untill she outgrows her car seat, its definitely worth saving if we decide to have another one someday...

the bob is obviously a much more expensive stroller... that has an entirely different purpose--at this point, i wouldn't give either one of them up for the other one. they're just different!

so, this stroller stays in my trunk... while the bob stays at the ready in the garage... for power walks with my gal pals... or after dinner walks with the man of my dreams :)

eh, i'll file this one under "product endorsements", too...

1 comment:

Megan said...

After I heard you were getting that, I talked to a guy at Babies R' Us about strollers and carseats. He highly recommended this as well. Looks like we'll be going that route. :) Thanks for the real life review!