Thursday, March 11, 2010

big news!

hey folks... eden here... i wanted to give all of my adoring fans an update tonite... mama and daddy are finishing up a few last minute things around the house before i move in.

i've been doing really great in my "big girl bed" at the hospital! the nurses just oodle over me all day... they even fight to see who gets to be my nurse when the shifts change.

i weigh 3lbs 14oz now... mama told me that's allllmost 4 lbs!
"look mom, no feeding tube!"
sleeping so peacefully! mama gave me a full belly! but before she fed me, she told me that they're coming to spend the night with me on friday and i get to go HOME ON SATURDAY! needless to say, i was excited... but mama and daddy seemed REALLY excited...
well, now that you guys are all updated, i'm going to get some rest before i get to go home & meet the rest of my family... i've heard a lot about somebody named nershi... he sounds like lots of fun!! be sure to say a special prayer for mama and daddy--because my first day at home will be after they lose an hour of sleep because of the time change (eek!)...

4 comments:

emily bennett said...

eden you are so precious!!! tell your mama that time changes don't matter when you're a newborn! and when you get older, it's actually better for mama when it's spring-forward because it seems like you're sleeping in another hour!

lee and hannah said...

well, i actually knew that emily (believe it or not from the dog!! lol... he doesn't need to go out as early!), but i was really more worried about ME!! sleepless night MINUS an hour! haha

Luke said...

Miss Eden, I will go ahead and tell you that you are very special to have such godly parents. You will enjoy being with them 24 hours a day outside the womb. Just don't be too hard on them when they do some crazy things like nip your finger tips while cutting your nails and dress you up in all sorts of things. God forbid they put you in something called carolina blue. Love - Luke Skinner former preemie

Anonymous said...

Hello Eden, this is your great grandmama writing to you...so glad you are going home tomorrow...that makes me have a very, very HAPPY heart...you have had a lot of people in Tarboro praying for you,Sweetheart!!can't wait to see you and hold you in my arms, soon!!!Love you...