Tuesday, November 17, 2009

umm...excuse me?

OBVIOUSLY, you faithful blog readers know that i'm more excited about tomorrow than i am today... today...birthday... tomorrow? BABYHOP'S GENDER!!!!

i'd even told everyone at work how even though i was excited about today, i was REALLY excited about tomorrow! lee's even taken a vacation day to make SURE he could go with me

so, i get a call late this afternoon... it went something like this...

caller: i need to speak with hannah
me: this is she
caller: this is kathy from (my) ob-gyn
me: oh, yes!
kathy: i was calling to see if we could reschedule your ultrasound tomorrow
me: no... i am NOT able to reschedule.
kathy: well, we've had a swine flu outbreak here
me: oh!! its ok, i've had my vaccine*
kathy: oh, umm...well we're having to shut our office down because we don't have enough staff and we're having it sterilized
me: oh, can i go to the hospital?
kathy: no, we'll need to reschedule
me: can i go to a different office or a different doctor?
kathy: no... could you come in on the 15th?
me: umm...excuse me...DECEMBER 15th?!!?! [while looking franticly at dad just milliseconds from throwing the hissy fit to end all hissy fits]
kathy: yes...

dad stops what he's doing and says "I GOT YOU!!! PAYBACK!!!" and just BUSTS out laughting....HAHAHAH

*looking back, this is the funniest part to me because i was willing to go in the flu-infested office to find out!! hahaha...yeah, i really wanna know :)

back in april (on april fools day) i had played a really dirty trick on dad... when he was in salt lake city & couldn't do ANYTHING about it... he swore he'd get me back ONE DAY... yeah, TODAY!

my heart was racing... my jaw needed to be picked up off the floor... my knees were weak... and i felt like i'd been stabbed in the chest! lol...

dad even made the comment if he'd known my reaction would be so...well, REACTIVE! he'd have filmed it or something...

i'm ALWAYS the prankster... and today, they got. me. gooooooood! :-D in fact, i got that pit in my stomach just blogging about it!

2 comments:

emily bennett said...

HAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAA i am laughing out loud at this. HILARIOUS! perfect. priceless. awesome. i love your dad. remember that time i spent the night and we played that prank on the guys?

he he he, haw haw. :)

A New Chapter said...

OMG that was a dirtyyyy joke but sooooo good! im was literally LOL at work reading this!!! :) cant wait to find out what youre having!!!