Sunday, November 29, 2009

by the grace of God

i'll be the first to admit... i'm slightly paranoid about my cell phone... its sorta like a "blankie" for a big girl :)

since i've had my phone, i've only ever been without it twice... one time, my grandad was rushed to the hospital while i was out (& didn't realize i'd forgotten my phone)... and the other time, i was in a car accident in a torrential rainstorm & had no way to reach anyone... so, i just sat in the middle of the median while my toyota 4runner was propped up on a guard rail until hopefully some good samaritan (or cop...ANYBODY!!) would stop and ask if i needed help...

so, with that being said, i don't go anywhere without my phone... and on the rare occasion that i should forget my phone, i always turn around, go home, and get it. (if i'm by myself--not if i'm w/ someone who has a phone! lol)

well, i fill you in with all of that useless information because in the past 2 months (maybe more)...i'd noticed i wasn't getting much of a phone signal on my phone... i just assumed we didn't have the best coverage in our area (ahem, not so many bars in so many places, eh?)

recently, i noticed that whether i was sitting next to lee or dad (same phones, same plan, same everything)... where i had NO signal... they had ALL of their signal... hmph...

after a conference call with apple AND at&t yesterday, they "discovered" that i'd not been connected to their network since late september... not on the map. wow.

so how had i managed to have any signal since septempber? ...i'm considering it the grace of God. somehow, He has been keeping me safe all this time... that i wouldn't need to use my phone...

so the nice folks at at&t had me shut my phone down so i could "join their network"... and while she connected me, she told me there was a chance it was a phone thing... but this should fix it...

...and it did! ...for about 10 minutes...

so after our "conference call", the nice lady had emailed me a link for a phone replacement appointment... just in case.

welp, all's said and done... i've got a new WORKING phone! :) i'm back, people! haha... those apple geniuses (i'm not being sarcastic--that's really what they're called!) tried everything... but for some reason, my phone doesn't like to be a part of the network...

i'm not sure who's more relieved... me or lee... sorta makes me wonder what we did BEFORE cell phones...

No comments: