Monday, November 9, 2009

not me monday! :)



Instead of boring you with all the things i did NOT eat this week with this HUGE appetite that I do NOT have (the kind of appetite where my “snacks” look like meals to feed a football player)… I thought I would share with you exactly what a pregnancy craving* won’t make you do

*the spicy one…

I went with dad to PF Changs with week (one of my favorites!) for dinner… their food is a different kind of spicy that I can’t seem to satisfy by eating anywhere else…

So, I ordered what I normally order… with their “special sauce” on the side for my rice… its HOT… but don’t worry, I was NOT busted by dad AND the waiter for eating a spoonful ...or five of it while waiting for our meal to come out… I wouldn’t do that… that’s disgusting.

Well, of course when our food came out I DIDN’T need a “refill” of sauce… because its only meant to be used in moderation… that shot-glass sized portion would be PLENTY for a table of four… we wouldn’t need a refill for just me & dad… errr… just me.

After we were done and not stuffed to the brim, after I’d picked up my “to-go” order for lee to take home, I didn’t ask for a “to-go” cup of sauce… but if I did, I certainly wouldn’t say “my husband loves this sauce too!” just so they wouldn’t think less of me…

And since I’m such a fantastic wife, I left his dinner in the fancy to-go containers they put it in… and preceeded to looking through the pantry to find something else I could put that blasted sauce on! I wouldn’t dream of putting on my nightly bowl of vanilla ice cream—you know, as a substitute for my caramel sauce…honestly, that would be over the top!…eventually I gave up, but vowed to myself I’d figure out something for dinner the next night to “incorporate” that heavenly potion in!

Once lee walked in the door, he devoured his meal and crammed the bag with all the “extras” they give you that he didn’t want in the garbage…you know, fortune cookie, chopsticks, soy sauce, hot sauce… WHAT?! HOT SAUCE!? IN THE TRASH?!?

I did NOT dart in the kitchen to dig it out of the trash… but if I did, I would NEVER sip it just to make sure it was still “ok”

Whoever would do any of this stuff would be CRAZY… certainly not pregnant… what sort of woman would blame her innocent, unborn child on such MADNESS?!?

3 comments:

Megan said...

hahahahahahahahahahaha *pause to catch breath* hahahahahahaha

KieKie! said...

Not you!!!! Love the new background...very "fallish"! xoxox

KieKie! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.