Wednesday, February 11, 2009

have you hugged a painter today?

...mom came up with that line for a bumper sticker...i like!! haha...

so here's the nearly finished product (i'm going to give it one more day before i hang my mirror and cabinet back up)
i am THRILLED with the color choice...now it looks like this bathroom belongs in this house! haha
you can't see it in this picture, but he even touched up all the white that i messed up! oh, i could just kiss him on the lips!


and of course when i asked lee what he thought he said "well, i liked the red...but i know you wanted to change it"....THATTA BOY! man, i love him!

so kids, we've learned a very valuable lesson today...

cost of supplies (including a step stool/ladder we'll use around the house)--$200

the cost of approx. 5 hours of my time--$ ??

what lee would pay for me to not be so grumpy and sore after simply priming-- $ (i hate to ask)

cost to pay a professional to do it right the first time while i sip lemonade (well, metaphorically speaking)-- $150 (and he only used the paint i supplied...not the rest of the stuff i had to buy--tape, rollers, handles, drop cloths, etc...)

YOU DO THE MATH!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The finished product is fabo!!! You are my kind of woman -- determined and not likely to back down from ANY roadblock or challenge. There is a special place in heaven for painters!!! See you tonite.

Poirier Family said...

I love the color of the bathroom. I always do blues or greens I think its time for me to redue our bathroom. Seeing your makes me want to paint!!!!